Producing a minimum 400 watts per channel in stereo, 800 watts in mono, the MC402 delivers power that is fully balanced from input to speaker output. The extraordinary quad-differential design of the MC402 actually consists of four complete amplifier circuits.
Each channel contains two amplifier circuits, each the mirror image of the other, whose outputs are combined in the unique McIntosh Output Autoformer) resulting in totally balanced operation from input to speaker output and the cancellation of virtually all noise and distortion.
The exclusive McIntosh Output Autoformer) is a handcrafted matching device that provides an ideal impedance match for all speaker types regardless of their rated impedance. Any departure from an optimum impedance match increases stress on the amplifier which threatens a rise in distortion as well as a reduction in the life expectancy of the amplifier. McIntosh Output Autoformers) enable the MC402 to operate at maximum efficiency and to always deliver full power, without stress, to any type of loudspeaker.
Features & Benefits
- Output power: stereo: 400W (2ohm, 4ohm, 8ohm)
mono parallel: 800W (1ohm, 2ohm, 4ohm)
- Frequency characteristic: 20Hz-20kHz+0 -0.25 dB
10Hz-100kHz+0 -3.0 dB
- Cross modulation distortion: A maximum of 0.005% (at the time of SMPTE and an Output power)
- Input sensitivity/impedance: 2.0 Volts Unbalanced Input.
4.0 Volts Balanced Input.
- SN ratio (A-criteria): Unbalance: 85dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 2.1dB
- Power guarding: Prevention from clipping, THD <=2% (less than over-drive 14dB, 1kHz)
- Power source: AC240v 50Hz/60Hz
- Weight: 47.6kg.
- Without packing.