The MBX-PRE Streaming Audio Player is designed to offer a simple-to-install and simple-to-configure streaming media solution to add high quality streaming audio content to any audio system. The MBX-PRE can be used as a single stereo audio streaming source for a single room, or supply a single audio stream to a larger whole-house system through its easy-to-use analog line-level/digital (coax/optical) outputs.
The MBX-PRE allows for expansion to up to 32 streaming rooms of audio in a single installation with any combination of other MBX-Series streaming products from Russound. When paired with a Russound multi-room controller, system expansion is possible up to 8 independent audio sources and up to 48 total rooms of audio.
In addition to offering streaming audio from popular internet sources, the MBX-PRE also offers streaming of local UPnP™ compliant audio.
In addition, a built-in USB port allows users to connect an external flash drive or an externally powered USB hard drive for use as additional music sources.
- Independent streaming audio player
- Built-in AirPlay 2 streaming with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTS7 touchscreens
- Built-in Chromecast for Audio support with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTS7 touchscreens
- Bluetooth Audio
- Hi-Res audio streaming support up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- USB for Flash or external USB Hard drive-based music collections
- Digital (PCM) and Analog Stereo Inputs
- Digital or analog output (analog output configurable as fixed or variable)
- Can be integrated (as a source) with a Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 controller or standalone (as a zone) when used with any brand of amplifier or receiver
- Controllable with the Russound App and fully compatible with the Russound XTS7 in-wall touchscreen
- Bass, Treble, and Loudness settings available through the Russound App
- Supports local favorites
- Onboard browser-based configuration, accessible from a smartphone or tablet
- Mix and match with other MBX-Series components for versatile system designs
|20Hz to 20KHz
|Analog – Stereo Audio RCA, Digital Optical
|Line Audio Output
|3.5mm Analog Stereo Audio, Digital Optical, USB2.0 Media Playback
|Ethernet RJ45 10/100 BaseT
|802.11ac, dual band
|Bluetooth Audio Support
|Music File Formats
|MP3 (CBR, VBR), WAV (8, 16-bit), OGG Vorbis, FLAC (8, 16-bit). AAC, AAC+ (supports up to 24-bit/192kHz)
|8.25”W x 7”D x 1.75”H (21cm W x 17.8cm D x 4.5cm H)
|1 lb (0.45 kg)