The MBX-AMP Wi-Fi Streaming Zone Amplifier is designed to offer a simple-to-install and simple-to-configure streaming media solution to add high quality streaming audio anywhere in the home. Additionally, the advanced TV integration features enable the MBX-AMP to share speakers between your TV and your audio system easily without having to use any additional hardware or control system. Just use the included Infrared Sensor and quickly teach the MBX-AMP your remote control’s volume and mute commands. It’s that easy.
The MBX-AMP allows for expansion to up to 32 streaming rooms of audio in a single installation with any combination of other MBX-Series streaming products from Russound.
In addition to offering streaming audio from popular internet sources, the MBX-AMP also offers streaming of local UPnP™ compliant audio.
In addition, a built-in USB port allows users to connect an external flash drive or an externally-powered USB hard drive for use as additional music sources.
- Connect your TV’s digital audio output to improve your TV’s sound quality and to share your speakers with your premium audio system.
- External IR Sensor included to use the MBX-AMP with your current remote control for Volume/Mute commands
- Built-in AirPlay 2 streaming with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTS7 touchscreens
- Built-in Chromecast for Audio support with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTS7 touchscreens
- Bluetooth Audio
- Hi-Res audio streaming support up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- USB for Flash or external USB Hard drive-based music collections
- Digital (PCM) and Analog Stereo Inputs
- Digital or analog output
- Controllable with the Russound App and fully compatible with the Russound XTS7 in-wall touchscreen
- Bass, Treble, and Loudness settings available through the Russound App
- Supports local favorites
- Onboard browser-based configuration, accessible from a smartphone or tablet
- Mix and match with other MBX-Series® components for versatile system designs
|20Hz to 20KHz
|50 Watts Per Channel @ 8ohms, 70 watts @ 4 ohms
|Analog Stereo RCA, Digital Optical, RCA Subwoofer Out (Analog Output configurable via software as fixed or variable)
|Line Audio Output
|3.5mm Analog Stereo Audio, Digital Optical, USB2.0 Media Playback
|Ethernet RJ45 10/100 BaseT
|802.11ac, dual band
|Bluetooth Audio Support
|Subwoofer Out Low Frequency Filter
|Music File Formats
|MP3 (CBR, VBR), WAV (8, 16-bit), OGG Vorbis, FLAC (8, 16-bit), AAC, AAC+ (supports up to 24-bit/192kHz)
|8.25”W x 7”D x 1.75”H (21cm W x 17.8cm D x 4.5cm H)
|1.5 lb (0.68 kg)