The Quest’s transparent electrostatic panel is curved in the horizontal plane (a M-L trademark) to give increased HF dispersion. The constant-charge diaphragm is segmented, using horizontal foam strips, to break up the inevitable LF drumhead resonance. The perforated stators (another M-L trademark) are finished in black insulating paint. The woofer is a 12″ moving-coil unit—identical, in fact, to the woofer used in the Monolith—and is mounted in its own sealed enclosure. The woofer and panel crossover networks, each 12dB/octave, are individually accessible via dedicated binding posts so that bi-wiring, or even bi-amping, is easily accomplished.
- Hybrid loudspeaker system.
- Drive-units: 12″ cone woofer in a sealed enclosure.
- Electrostatic panel. 15″ W by 44.5″ H. Crossover frequency: 125Hz
- Crossover slopes: second-order, 12dB/octave.
- Frequency response: 28Hz–22kHz, ±2dB.
- Presence control switch: +2dB, 1–5kHz.
- Bass control switch: –5dB, 60–150Hz.
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 2 ohms).
- Phase angle: less than 45 degrees.
- Sensitivity: 90dB/W/m (2.83V).
- Recommended amplifier power: 80–200Wpc.
- Dimensions: 72.75″ H by 19″ W by 13″ D.
- Weight: 125 lbs each
- Made in USA