1200 Watt Quad Balanced Monoblock
The MC1.2KW utilizes our Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal. As a result, even when amplified to high levels the signal is still as clean as when it left the preamplifier. Other McIntosh technologies are included with the MC1.2KW as well. Power Guard® will prevent harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Inputs for both balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting to the rest of your audio system. The large blue watt meter is not only fascinating to look at but also provides fast and accurate reading of the amplified signal. A beautiful polished stainless steel chassis houses the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles and seamlessly blends with any decor. The MC1.2KW is perfect in both 2-channel music systems as well as in home theater systems.
- 1200 watts into an 8, 4 or 2 ohm load is the minimum sine wave continuous average power output.
- Output Load Impedance: Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 ohms.
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz~20kHz.
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% maximum harmonic distortion at any power level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output.
- Dynamic Headroom: 2dB.
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz.
- Input Sensitivity (For rated output): 2.5V Unbalanced 5V Balanced.
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 120 below rated output, Unbalanced, 124dB below rated output, Balanced.
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.005% maximum if instantaneous peak power output does not exceed twice the rated output, for any combination of
frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Wide Band Damping Fator: Greater than 40.
- Input Impedance: 10,000 ohms.
- Power Guard: Less than 2% THD with 14dB overdrive at 1,000Hz.
- Made in USA.