KA–L Reference Mk3 is ultimate statement, with all of our knowledge and experience built into it. The best passive components that can be found on the market are being used in order to gain the best results possible, which contributes the quality of sound, but also has positive influence on reliability of Karan Acoustics amplifiers and preamplifiers. There could be no other way – as the central unit in an audio chain, it simply demands the best. Completely balanced, dual mono circuit topology, with 24k gold plated circuit boards, all stages are DC coupled and operate in pure class A. In order to achieve the best results possible it was necessary to divide power supply into a separate casing, which brought its influence on electronics to a minimum. In order to avoid inherent nonlinearities of potentiometers, this preamp uses a four-gang attenuator, with 64 positions, implemented by using highest quality vacuum relays and fixed value 0.1% tolerance metal film resistors due to high sensitivity to interference of preamplifiers. The huge power supply has been relegated to a separate case of its own, and has been made ultra stable using four stabilization levels per channel. For vinyl lovers we can offer phono board which can be build into this preamplifier.Using several newly developed proprietary solutions, this preamplifier yields absolutely no sonic colorations, huge soundstage, deep and tight bass and polite mid and highs.
- Completely balanced, dual mono circuit topology with no overall feedback
- All stages are DC coupled and operate in true pure class A;
- Separate power supply;
- In order to avoid inherent nonlinearities of potentiometers, this preamp uses a four-gang attenuator, with 64 positions, implemented by using highest quality vacuum relays and fixed value 0.1% tolerance metal film resistors;
- Due to high sensitivity to interference of preamplifiers, the power supply has been relegated to a separate case of its own, and has been made ultra stable using four stabilization levels per channel;
- The preamp is remote controllable
- An ultra high precision optional MM/MC phono RIAA board is available, with a response precision of +/- 0.15 dB;
- Overall frequency response of line inputs is DC-300kHz, +0, -3dB;
- Intermodulation distortion is below 0.006%;
- Input sensitivities: RCA-line= 750mV/30k; XLR-line= 1,5V/30k; Phono MM= 2mV/47k; Phono MC= 0.2mV
- Adjustable phono gain, input load and capacitance with dip switches
- Line level input S/N ratio is better than -112 dB;
- MM input S/N ratio is better than -90dB, MC input S/N ratio is better than -81dB;
- Output level: 6V/0.6 Ohms;
This stereo amplifier derived from our wish to improve our, we could say, legendary KA S450, even more. Uncompromised solutions, new design of key structures and higher quality parts that we applied, added to significant raise of sound quality. Strong power supply with two completely armored torodial transformers, 1.500 VA each and group of capacitors with enormous reserve of 132.000 µF, quarantee extremely powerful, fast and incredibly controled sound, with incredible dosage of musicality and naturalness. Huge 600 watts per channel of uncolored high-current output power into 8 ohms (1.000 wpc into 4 ohms), the KA S 600 will drive any loudspeaker you can find on world market to its maximum capabilities with incredible ease.
Strong and deep bass, silky mid and high tones with enormous scene are advantages which will lead you to re-listen your music library, and it will sound completely new and lively.
Extraordinary musicality, neutral sound and control is something that’s always been main advantages of its predecessor, but in this latest version all of this is being given a higher level, which can be exceeded only if you decide for its mono version KA M 2000.
- Extremely short signal path, 24k gold plated circuit boards;
- 20 ultra fast Sanken RET output power devices per channel, with a total current capability of 400 Amperes;
- 8 stages of voltage regulation;
- Current feedback topology, with no overall feedback and with only 0.02% Intermodulation distortion (IMD) at rated power output into 8 Ohms;
- Each channel uses a custom moulded 1,500 VA extremely low noise toroidal transformer and 132.000 µF of total capacitance;
- Frequency response DC-300kHz +0, -3 dB;
- S/N ratio better than -112 dB at rated output into 8 Ohms;
- Damping factor better than 10.000:1 into 8 Ohms, 20Hz…20kHz;
- 2 custom power cords each for channel;
- Pink noise power output of 600W/1.000/1.800 into 8/4/2 Ohms;
- Input sensitivity: 2V
- Net weight 76 kg