The theme with this and to a greater extent the loudspeakers is the use of solid wood. The labyrinthine cabinet for the W8 is machined out of the stuff to create internal partitions and conduits that are far more elaborate and complex than can be achieved with an assembled construction. In the W8 you can see separate chambers for the main tweeter and the midrange, which completely cut them off from air pressure created by side firing bass units. It’s an extraordinary and expensive way to build a loudspeaker cabinet but undoubtedly contributes to the sound they produce.
- 6.5″ long throw bass driver, tuned to 28 Hz, running without crossover.
- 4″ custom-made paper cone bass-midrange driver, 1st order low pass filter, no high pass filter, apple tree phase plug, maple wood cone mounted to magnet.
- 3″ wideband, 1st order high pass filter, unique electromechanical parallel resonator installed.
- Internal wiring orientation-optimized silk-wrapped high-frequency stranded litz.
- WBT NextGen binding posts.
- Rear ambient tweeter.
- Sensitivity: 84 – 88 dB / watt / m depending on frequency.
- Nom. impedance: 4 ohms
- Few months old. Come with original packing.